Animal Egg Moulds
Just do a quick Google search for “Japanese packed lunches” and you’ll see that the good people of Japan know how to make a seriously visually-appealing meal. They don’t simply settle for your regular ham sandwich and banana combo – their lunches are crammed full of exciting characters.
It’ll take years to learn how to create such excessive food spectacles, so let’s just keep it simple and start with eggs. This clever hinged device known as Animal Egg Moulds turn these regular boring blobs into smiley edible creatures. With a friendly rabbit and bearlivening up your lunch you’ll be the talk of the dining hall/picnic/building site/town (delete as appropriate).
It couldn’t be easier:
- Boil your egg
- Once boiled (and still warm), peel off the shell
- Place the egg in the shaper and seal it shut
- Plop the device in cold water for 10 minutes
- Open the lid and take out your newly formed critter
Et voilà! Or as the Japanese say – “はいよ～、情けない卵のできあがり”.
- You may want to spray a little oil into the moulds before use to help release the eggs
- Turn boring boiled eggs into smiley edible animals
- Pack includes both Bunny and Bear shaped moulds
- Recreate your own eggy version of that lousy advert with the bear and the hare
- Measures approximately 7cm(W) x 7cm(H) x 5.5cm(D)