Tesla Model X
Model X is the safest, fastest and most capable sport utility vehicle in history. Standard with all-wheel drive and a 90 kWh battery providing 250 miles of range, Model X has ample seating for seven adults and all of their gear. And it’s ludicrously fast, accelerating from zero to 60 miles per hour in as quick as 3.2 seconds. Model X is the SUV uncompromised.
Safety First Design
Model X is designed with safety as the first priority. The floor-mounted battery lowers the center of gravity so that the risk of rollover is about half that of any vehicle in its class. The battery structure strengthens Model X against side impact intrusions. And without a gasoline engine, the large front trunk acts as a giant impact-absorbing crumple zone.
Model X continually scans the surrounding roadway with camera, radar and sonar systems, providing the driver with real-time feedback to help avoid collisions. Even at highway speeds, Model X is designed to automatically apply brakes in an emergency.
Pollution Free, Inside and Out
A medical grade HEPA filter strips outside air of pollen, bacteria, viruses and pollution before circulating it into the cabin. There are three modes: circulate with outside air, re-circulate inside air and a bioweapon defense mode that creates positive pressure inside the cabin to protect occupants.
Falcon Wing doors allow easy access to second and third row seats from even a tight parking space, while traditional SUV doors or Minivan sliding doors would not grant any access. With only a foot of clearance on either side, Falcon Wing doors articulate smoothly up and out of the way, allowing passengers to enter from both front and rear directions. The side and overhead opening is so large that parents can buckle children in without ducking or straining and without bumping their child’s head on the roof.
Model X is able to achieve 250 miles of range in part because it is the most aerodynamic SUV in production. At 0.24, Model X’s drag coefficient is 20% lower than the next best SUV. In addition, an active spoiler deploys from the rear liftgate to optimize highway efficiency and stability.
Model X has the largest all glass panoramic windshield in production, providing an unparalleled view of the stars and sky above. Optimized solar tinting and obstruction-free view creates unlimited visibility for the driver and all passengers.
Seating for Seven + Gear
Model X comfortably seats seven people in three rows. Every seat is the best seat in the house, but the second row seats are a work of art. Mounted on a single post and independently reclining, each second row seat is designed to maximize passenger comfort, legroom, under seat storage and access to the third row. The third row seats fold flat when not in use and the second row seats lean forward and out of the way for even more cargo area.
Two Seating Configurations
Model X is available in six-seat and seven-seat configurations. Seven-seat configurations maximize passenger capacity while six-seat configurations open second row seats to the third row and provide added cargo capacity.
Stow everyone’s gear in Model X’s large front trunk, rear cargo area and under passenger seats. The front trunk is large enough to hold two golf bags and the rear cargo area can easily hold large items like bicycles, skis and snowboards. Hitch mounted accessory carriers hold additional gear. Model X is the first electric vehicle with a 5,000 pound towing capacity.
- Falcon Wing rear doors with built in sensors, which automatically adjust to the optimal opening arc in confined spaces or small garages.
- Automatically deploying rear spoiler
- Maps and navigation with real time traffic updates
- Daytime running lights
- Power-folding and heated side mirrors
- Front trunk with room for luggage, strollers or two golf bags
- Full size rear cargo area for your gear
- Free long distance travel on Tesla’s expanding Supercharger network
- 8 year, infinite mile battery and drive unit warranty
- Automatic keyless entry, with automatically opening front doors
- GPS enabled Homelink
- Parking sensors, blind spot warning and side collision avoidance
- Automatic emergency braking to assist in avoiding collisions, even at highway speeds
- Seating for up to seven adults
- Four LATCH child seat attachments, two in each passenger row
Performance All-Wheel Drive
- 250 miles range (EPA est.)
- 3.8 seconds 0-60 mph
3.2 seconds with Ludicrous Speed Upgrade
- 259 hp front, 503 hp rear motor power
- 155 mph top speed
- 257 miles range (EPA est.)
- 4.8 seconds 0-60 mph
- 259 hp front, 259 hp rear motor power
- 155 mph top speed