Twelfth Doctor’s Sonic Screwdriver Programmable TV Remote
Check out these technical specs from the Twelfth Doctor’s Sonic Screwdriver Universal Remote Control.
- Remote control protocols: Learning feature supports all major consumer infrared (IR) protocols, including RC-5, RC-6, XMP, RECS-80, NEC, SIRC, and NRC17 with IR carrier frequency range from 33 to 50 kHz.
- Electromagnetic emission: Custom manufactured, three-chip 5mm LED; one IR (943 nm) indium gallium nitride and two green (520 nm)gallium arsenide chips, encapsulated in a transparent epoxy lens.
- Motion sensing: 2 mm x 2 mm x 0.9 mm, three-axis MEMS accelerometer fabricated from single-crystal silicon by a deep reactive-ion (DRIE) process and protected from the environment by a hermetically-sealed silicon cap at the wafer level.
All so you can turn the TV on without getting up.
This advanced, gesture-based, infrared remote can learn the control codes from almost any regular remote control. Using simple and intuitive movements you will be able to use the Sonic Screwdriver to control your devices just like The Doctor. Rotate clockwise or counterclockwise to adjust the volume on your stereo; flick the Sonic Screwdriver up and down to change TV channels or navigate the program guide; and even open your DVD player (if you still have one) by pulling back on the Sonic Screwdriver.
With 13 gestures and 3 memory banks, you can store up to 39 remote control codes on the Sonic Screwdriver: plenty to control all of your Earth-based entertainment equipment. In Control Mode, each gesture triggers a classic Sonic Screwdriver sound effect and the tip illuminates with a bright green light. (There’s also a Quiet Mode if you’re stealthy.) And because The Doctor doesn’t let just anyone use his stuff, there’s a Lock Code that allows you to ensure that it’s yours… ALL YOURS.
- Control your Earth-based electronics with this timey wimey device
- Officially-licensed Doctor Who merchandise
- Fully-functioning programmable infrared remote control
- Gesture-based remote uses IR to control entertainment systems (but not RF systems like PS3 or Xbox)
- Authentic flick action extends sonic and opens clasps
- Button is now housed as part of the grip
- Up to 39 remote control codes can be stored
- Guided setup teaches you how to use the sonic with spoken prompts
- Four modes:
- Practice mode: Learn your gestures
- Control mode: Control your electronics
- Quiet Control mode: Control your electronics, quietly
- FX Mode: 12 authentic special FX sounds from the Doctor Who universe
- Bright illuminating tip lights up and pulses when in standby
- Personal lock code lets you keep the power all to yourself
- Materials: Die-cast metal, ABS, and soft-touch leather-effect TPU
- Batteries: 2 AAA (not included)
- Dimensions: 8 3/4″ long (retracted) to 10″ (extended) x 1 1/4″ diameter
- Display stand dimensions: 4 1/4″ x 2 1/2″ x 1/3″ deep
- Weight: 7 oz. (with batteries)
- Includes Sonic Screwdriver Universal Remote Control, high-quality presentation display stand, and full-color illustrated instruction manual